Who We Are?
Griffiths Equipment Ltd was first established in 1960. With over 50 years experience, we have the most exciting and innovative range of automotive products in New Zealand.
Griffiths Equipment Ltd is committed to being a leading supplier of quality automotive products and services which consistently satisfies the needs and expectations of our customers.
Through our reliability, competitive prices, integrity and friendliness our company strives for excellence in both our business practice and work ethic.
We will grow our business through the continual introduction of innovative products and services.
To achieve these objectives we will empower our people, invest in their development and live by our catchphrase “Keeping our customers delighted”.
We are committed to the supply of the world’s best and most innovative automotive products. The prestigious ISO9001 certification is proof of our commitment to a continuous improvement program.
Griffiths Equipment Time Line
- 1960 – Griffiths Equipment Ltd commenced business as a performance subsidiary of Griffiths Motors Ltd. The Wildcat brand originated in 1960. It started when Rootes Group first fitted their outstanding 1500cc OHV engine into the Hillman. This saloon car proved a winner on the circuits and quickly created a demand for increased performance. Griffiths Equipment started producing twin carb manifolds for this engine and introduced a floorshift gearchange conversion to replace the existing column shift. This was extensively used by both family and sporting motorists.
- 1969 – Moved to own premises in Albert St, Auckland – 2,500 sq ft.
- 1970 – Wildcat brand included manifolds, headers, mufflers, floorshifts and air cleaners.
- 1971 – Opened the first tuning shop for motoring addicts and was involved
with many race and rally cars.
- 1973 – Launched one of the first ranges of alloy wheels in the world
manufactured by a subsidiary company
- 1977 – Acquired by Peter Griffiths
- Wildcat Alloy Wheels launched
- 1978 – First Telex Machine.
- 1979 – Exclusive Distributor for Speco Thomas, first of many Australian companies
- Exclusive distributor for Brown and Watson Int Pty Ltd – Narva globes and driving lights
- 1980 – Exclusive Distributor for ACP (Taiwan) Inc.
- 1981 – Wildcat Spoilers launched
- 1982 – Exclusive Distributor for Aunger Plastics Pty Ltd.
- First Fax Machine.
- 1983 – Moved to own premises 7 Fairfax Ave, Penrose – 8,000 sq ft
- First computer system
- 1984 – Commenced assembly of Wildcat Chrome wheels
- 1985 – Wildcat Steering Wheels launched
- 1986 – Cardboard Sunshades launched, the beginning of NZ’s largest sunshade program.
- 1988 – Exclusive Distributor for Auto Fashions, Australia
- 1990 – Wildcat White Steel Wheels launched
- 1991 – Moved to expanded premises 22-24 Olive Road, Penrose – 24,000 sq ft
- Exclusive Distributor for Club Steering Lock – Television launch
- 1992 – Cheviot brand of Alloy Wheels acquired
- 1993 – Joint Venture with Narva New Zealand Ltd.
- 1994 – Exclusive Distributor for 3M Abrasion Film and Pinstriping
- 1995 – Appointed exclusive distributor for Rain-X
- First mobile phones for the company
- 1996 – ISO 9002 Accreditation
- 1997 – Appointed Warner Bros Looney Tune Automotive Licensee Launched Website
- 1998 – Google invented and SMS or Texting commenced
- 1999 – Appointed Americas Cup 2000 Automotive Licensee
- No. 1 Warner Bros licensee in New Zealand
- Alpena Window Tint launched – immediately to No. 1 in NZ
- 2000 – Signalmaster/Antech Technologies aerial company acquired
- Hotwire range of Audio Accessories launched
- 2001 – Type S range of Automotive Accessories launched
- Carplan range launched
- 2002 – Appointed Americas Cup 2003 Automotive Licensee
- Appointed Team Kiwi Racing Automotive Licensee
- 2003 – Appointed NZ Distributor for Victor Steering Wheels from Italy
- Appointed NZ Distributor for Simoni Racing from Italy
- 2004 – Appointed Disney licensee for automotive category for New Zealand
- Acquired the Saas brand
- 2005 – Customer 1st Accreditation
- Appointed All Blacks licensee for automotive accessories in New Zealand
- Appointed Plastidip distributor
- 2006 – Appointed All Blacks Licensee for Automotive Accessories
- 2007 – Type S Window Tint and Black Out Window Tint ranges launched
- 2008 – T-Max 4×4 range of winches and accessories launched
- 2009 – Yada Bluetooth Handsfree Kits launched
- 2010 – Wildcat Car Mat ranged launched
- 2011 – Appointed New Zealand distributor for TDJ Australia
- Appointed New Zealand distributor for ProQuip Australia
- Commenced scanning all outwards orders
- ISO9001:2008 accreditation
- Plastidip launched aerosol range of Plastidip
- 2012 – Upgraded Website to include fully integrated Webstore
- Appointed New Zealand distributor for Blue Magic USA
- 2013 – Now stocking the entire Aerpro audio range
- Area sales managers now using tablets as their main selling tool
- Appointed New Zealand distributor for K-Seal
- 2014 – Appointed New Zealand distributor for Jelly Belly automotive air fresheners
- 2015 – Appointed New Zealand distributor for J-B Weld
- 2016 – Acquired by GUD Holdings Limited
- Exclusive distributor for Kicker Car Audio
- 2017 – Striker innovative hardware and automotive accessories launched